The NFG Quality Manager will be responsible to adapt a hands-on operational approach to ensure that the company’s products meet or exceed the quality standards required. The Quality Manager will also be responsible to develop and validate all processes, ensure accurate and timely documentation, and to provide leadership on quality assurance within the company. The main objective of this position is to ensure that the fruit received, packed, and dispatched is within the required specification (temperature, condition etc.).
Communications with the company’s distribution partners, customs brokers and freight forwarders. Internal communications with operations, commercial and finance departments.
- At least 3 years' experience in international fruit industry
- Good understanding of Food Safety Principles
- Understanding of the supply chain process with the ability to understand impacts to ocean/air transportation and align activities accordingly
- Ability to interact with people across multiple functional areas and across various levels within an organization
- Strong ability to solve problems while also building relationships and strengthening our message of “TEAM”.
- Solid communication skills with the ability to determine when & how to best communicate across the teams – both verbal and written skills are critical
- Process improvement type of thinker
- Action-oriented with the ability to be flexible as needs of the business shift
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective in planning and managing project timelines
- Activities will include staying involved from container booking through delivery
- Provide updates on containers and communicate as needed to internal customers